Quesadillas are my jam.
I can’t get enough of them and want to eat them every single day.
Something about the fact that I can just look into my refrigerator and pull out a few leftover odds and ends and create something fast and cheesy and magical just really does it for me.
Did I mention that they are fast, cheesy, and magical??
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 ounces baby kale
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 8 medium flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan until hot. Add onions and saute until softened.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat until onions have carmelized, about ten minutes.
- Add the chopped kale and garlic and saute until kale is softened.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle goat cheese crumbles across four tortillas.
- Divide the filing between the four tortillas and sprinkle with more goat cheese.
- Top with the remaining four tortillas.
- Heat a bit of oil in a medium skillet. Add one quesadilla and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Cook the additional quesadillas in the same way.
- Remove from the skilled. Slice into wedges and enjoy!